HOW DO I MAKE A FORMAL (FOI) REQUEST UNDER MFIPPA?
You may make a request under MFIPPA by completing the request form. Completed forms must include an application fee of $5.00, which may be paid by cash or cheque, payable to the Wellington Catholic District School Board. Please provide as much detail as possible about the information you are requesting. You may send the completed request form and your payment to the Freedom of Information Officer at the Board office:
PRIVACY, RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Wellington Catholic District School Board
75 Woolwich Street
You may also reach the department by telephone at: 519-821-4600.
FOI requests are processed within timelines legislated by MFIPPA and PHIPA and will be calculated based on:
1. Initial 30 day timeline – The standard legislated timeline requirement is to process access requests within 30 days of the receipt of the FOI application and $5.00 fee;
2. Extended timeline – Privacy legislation permits additional 30 day incremental extensions if a request is too voluminous to meet the initial 30 day timeline. The rational for securing an extension is based on:
a. Whether the access request is too voluminous to respond within the 30 day timeline,
b. And/or if there is a need to consult with other individuals to produce the information,
c. If meeting the initial timeline would significantly interfere with the operations of the institution at large.
PRIVACY, INFORMATION & RECORDS MANAGEMENT
If you make a request to access records under MFIPPA the following fees may apply:
· Photocopying and computer printout charges - $.20 cents per page;
· Discs (CD, DVR) - $ 10.00 per disc;
· To develop a record from a machine readable record - $15.00 per ¼ hour;
· Any costs involved in locating, retrieving, processing and copying a record specified in an invoice received by the Board;
· Search time - $7.50 per ¼ hour;
· Record preparation - $7.50 per ¼ hour
An estimate will be given for any requests estimated to be over $25.00. If it is estimated that your request will be $100.00 or more, a deposit of 50% is required before the request is processed. All fees are payable before the request records are provided.
Please select the link here to access the Freedom of Information (FOI) request form.