The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee (CPIC) is a group of parents, trustees and Board staff who actively support parent engagement and involvement throughout the Wellington Catholic District School Board. CPIC is regulated by Regulation 330/10 under the Education Act, which came into effect in September 2010, and sets out specific requirements regarding the composition of a Parent Involvement Committee, or Catholic Parent Involvement Committee.
CPIC provides a regular opportunity for School Council members to network, share information, offer input and enjoy informative presentations on a number of education related topics throughout the school year. CPIC makes parental engagement a priority by providing support on a system-wide basis and promoting dialogue between Catholic School Councils, the Board and members of the community.
The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee recognizes that there are goals inherent in the Board's Mission Statement and Governing Values. In addition to these, our goals are:
- To increase parent involvement and responsibility in the Catholic education process.
- To promote and encourage communication among home, school, parish and community.
- To be informed on current educational issues and practices.
- To serve as a vital link between all of our partners and the Wellington Catholic District School Board.
Below is a list of current CPIC members for the current year. If you need to contact any of the CPIC members, please contact either of the CPIC Co-Chairs or the Superintendent of Education responsible for CPIC using the contact information provided below:
- Claire Alexander (CPIC Co-Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frances Palermo (CPIC Co-Chair) email@example.com
- Bishop Macdonell – Lori Anne Jansen
- Holy Rosary - Heather Vincent
- Holy Trinity – Tammy O'Connor
- Mary Phelan - Piroska Roberti
- Our Lady of Lourdes – Teresa Ricci-Oliveira/Christina Redmond
- Sacred Heart – Karen Bewick
- Sacred Heart Rockwood - Leah Landriault-Relf
- St. Francis
- St. Ignatius of Loyola – Bobbi Kavanaugh
- St. James – Frances Palermo
- St. John Arthur – Cristol James
- St. John Guelph – Thoa Tran/Ellen Sorbara
- St. John Bosco
- St. John Brebeuf Erin – Venus Hood/Jennifer Ross
- St. Joseph Fergus – Sherry Draper
- St. Joseph Guelph – Ray Belanger
- St. Mary Elora – Lori Ferber
- St. Mary Mount Forest
- St. Michael – Paul Brombal
- St. Patrick – Holly Sabara
- St. Paul – Jennifer Groenendyk
- St. Peter – Alexa Rae
- Sebastian Dal Bo, Trustee
- Monsignor Dennis Noon, Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate
Principal/Vice-Principal Council Representative
Superintendent of Education
- Mike Glazier firstname.lastname@example.org