KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2018
Wellington Catholic District School Board will be accepting new registrations
for Year 1 (Junior) and Year 2 (Senior) Kindergarten students for September 2018.
the Wellington Catholic District School Board, we are proud to provide a high
quality, faith-based education where your child will grow, learn and discover.
Registration begins January 8, 2018
To assist in optimal planning for Kindergarten
programs for the upcoming school year, we encourage families to register at their earliest convenience. We invite you to share this information to
family, friends, and neighbours with school age children.
Who is Eligible?
Year 1 (JK) – Children must be four years of age on or before December 31, 2018
Year 2 (SK) – Children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2018
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Parent or Child's Baptismal Certificate
- Your Child's Health Card
- Your Child's immunization Record
- Custody Documents (If applicable)
- Most Recent Tax Bill (Required for direction of tax support)
Please call your local school to arrange a time to pick up a registration package or download copies from our list below:
NEW - International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) at Sacred Heart, Guelph.
- Registration process available HERE.
Local School and Transportation Eligibility
To determine the location of your school and determine eligibility for transportation, visit www.findmyschool.ca and follow these steps:
on "Which school do I attend?"
your house number, street and city.
Board, select Wellington Catholic District School Board.
Grade, select JK for Junior Kindergarten.
confirm eligibility for Transportation, select "View Transportation
To view the Kindergarten Transportation Guide from Student Transportation Services:
Kindergarten Transportation Guide TF014 - transportation guide for parents.pdf
- Busing is provided by Wellington-Dufferin Student Transportation Services (www.stwdsts.ca).
- Children are bussed based on their grade and the distance they live from their home school. The maximum walking distance for a child in Junior Kindergarten to grade 1 is 1.6 km.
- Bus information will be provided to parents of new Kindergarten students by mail approximately two weeks before the first day of school by the Wellington-Dufferin Student Transportation Services.
The Early Years Program in a Catholic Environment
- Learning in a Catholic environment is a unique and important part of our program. It fosters an early understanding of how we grow and celebrate together. Our youngest learners engage in activities that offer experiences which reinforce the attitudes, feelings and values inherent in Christian living. Children's faith is nurtured every day, and there are many opportunities to gather and participate in celebrations and prayer.
- The Early Years program follows the design of a two year continuum, providing for a range of developmental abilities as students begin school. Using a blended program model where Junior and Senior Kindergarten students work in the same classroom builds on student strengths and diversities.
- The kindergarten program uses a play based learning approach that will support your child's growth in all areas.
Extended Day Before/After School Childcare Program
- Parents are surveyed during kindergarten registration to determine the level of interest in the Extended Day program. The Board seeks proposals from licensed child care agencies through a request-for-proposal (RFP) process.
- To complete the Extended Day Childcare Program Survey, or to learn more about the extended day programs, please click here.