1. How do I know which school I am supposed to attend?
A: Information about school attendance areas can be found in Step #2 (above). Visit: https://www.findmyschool.ca/
2. What if I would like my child to go to a different school?
A: School attendance areas have defined boundaries. Information about requests for consideration of out of boundary requests, can be found at: https://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/Schools/Admission/Pages/default.aspx
3. Before and After School Programs. Where can I get more information about these?
A: Most of our schools run Before and After School Programs. For a full listing and additional information, please visit: http://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/ParentCommunity/BASProgram/Pages/default.aspx
4. We are interested in the International Baccalaureate Program at Sacred Heart Catholic Elementary School. How do I get more information?
A: Visit: http://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/school/sacredheart/registration/Pages/default.aspx
5. I have completed the on-line registration Application for Enrollment form. Is my child registered?
A: Not yet. You have completed the pre-registration form. You will receive follow-up e-mails with information about creating a Parent Portal login for PowerSchool to complete the process. You will also need to visit the school to complete the documentation. If you did not receive the follow-up e-mail or are having any difficulties, please contact the school for assistance.
6. I have a PowerSchool Parent account because I have other children in Wellington Catholic and I have used this to book my parent-teacher interviews. Do I need to create another account?
A: Once you have completed the Application for Enrollment Form, you will receive information which will allow you to use your existing PowerSchool Parent Portal information. You will be able to add your child to your list.
7. I have created a PowerSchool Parent account but I have lost my login credentials. What should I do?
A: There is a login and password retrieval tool in PowerSchool to help you with this.
8. I finished completing my information in PowerSchool. What do I do next?
A: Please contact the school to set up a time to visit the school, meet the staff, and share the necessary documentation with them (e.g. Birth Certificate, proof of address, etc.). A list of required documents can be found in Step # 5 and #6.
9. I would prefer not to do the on-line registration. Can I still do a paper copy at the school in person?
A: Yes, a paper copy is available on-line (see Step #4) or can be completed at the school.
10. Where do I report immunizations?
A: Schools no longer accept immunization records. To report your immunizations, please see visit WDG Public Health: https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/your-kids/vaccination
11. Who should I contact if I am having difficulty with the registration?
A: The secretary and principal of your home school can be a great support to you if you have any questions about registering. Call them today for assistance and additional information.