Community Use of School Facilities
UPDATE November 2021:
We are happy to welcome non-profit youth and youth organization Community Use of Schools permit holders back to Wellington Catholic District School Board effective November 22, 2021.
At this time, access has been granted to non-profit youth and youth organizations only, access for all other groups will be reviewed at a later date.
Use of Schools COVID-19 guidelines have been developed for all participants, and has been shared with permit holders directly.
Wellington Catholic District School Board encourages the community’s participation in the use of its facilities. School space can be rented in the evenings and on weekends during the school year.
As per the Ministry of Education directive, school day activities, extra-curricular activities and parent involvement activities organized or administered by the school or school board have priority use of school space during and after regular school hours.
In order to create affordable access to community facilities, the Government of Ontario provides funding that allows school boards to charge subsidized rental rates for not for profit groups. The annual subsidies offered are contingent upon Ministry funding. Our primary goal is to subsidize local not for profit organizations who provide support and programming for local youth.
Our facilities are available for community use from Monday to Friday 6:00pm-10:00pm and from 8:00am-10:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
If you have any further questions or wish to follow up on a request in process, please contact the Community Use Outreach Coordinator at (519) 824-4119 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renting a school facility is a simple 3-step process
STEP ONE – CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Users must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid email account
- Agree to the rules governing the use of school facilities.
- Have a valid Visa or Master Card to cover applicable fees.
- Provide a certificate of insurance in the amount of $2 million for Liability Insurance naming the Wellington Catholic District School Board as an 'additional insured'.
STEP TWO – APPLY
- Apply to rent a school facility using the fast and easy online application system.
- Simply create and log into your account, utilize the calendar tab to check availability and then create your rental application.
- Applications should be submitted no less than five school days prior to the first date that a facility is required.
STEP THREE – APPROVAL
- Once your application has been approved a permit will be electronically issued.
- The online application system simplifies the payment process with a secure online payment method!