IB @ WCDSB
Wellington Catholic District School Board is proud to be authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme at Sacred Heart Catholic School in Guelph and the Diploma Programme at Bishop Macdonell Catholic High School.
International Baccalaureate® Primary Years Programme (PYP) at Sacred Heart in Guelph
Sacred Heart has been authorized as an IB World School to offer the IB PYP program. It is one of a handful of publicly funded schools in Ontario to run the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP), and the only school within Guelph and Wellington County to offer PYP. An inclusive program, as a kindergarten to Grade 8 school the PYP operates from kindergarten to Grade 6 and we follow the same framework for Grades 7 and 8.
The PYP offers an inquiry-based, transdisciplinary curriculum framework that builds conceptual understanding. It is a student-centered approach to education for children aged 3-12. It reflects the best of educational research, thought leadership and experience derived from IB World Schools.
International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme (DP) at Bishop Macdonell
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Bishop Macdonell provides grade 11 and 12 students with an academically rich and stimulating two-year program that prepares its participants for success at post-secondary and beyond.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. International mindedness, intercultural understanding and critical thinking are developed throughout the program, constructing IB graduates to be active, compassionate, and life-long learners.
At Bishop Macdonell, International Baccalaureate students:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding while studying courses from 6 subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique Theory of Knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the Extended Essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through volunteer experiences while building their Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) portfolio.
IB PYP at Sacred Heart in Guelph
Please visit Sacred Heart's website or contact Sacred Heart in Guelph directly for information on registering in the Primary Years Program.
Sacred Heart will be hosting a Virtual Information Night on Thursday, November 25. To pre-register for the event, please fill out the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/82KEacY4pe
IB DP at Bishop Macdonell
The Diploma Programme at Bishop Macdonell is currently welcoming students to fill out the following form if they are looking for more information on the program: https://forms.gle/CycKSjzhpsGfXabj8
Please visit Bishop Macdonell's website or contact Bishop Macdonell directly for information on registering in the DP.
Bishop Macdonell will be hosting Virtual Information Night on Tuesday, November 30 at 7 p.m. The link will be shared closer to the date.