Elementary Registration Process
- Click on "Which school do I attend?"
- Enter your house number, street and city.
- Beside "Board", select Wellington Catholic District School Board.
- Beside "Grade", PK4 for Year 1 Kindergarten, K for Year 2 Kindergarten, 1 for Grade 1, etc.
- Click Submit button.
- To confirm eligibility for Transportation, select "View Transportation Eligibility"
Parents and guardians are required to provide the following documents to complete registration:
- Proof of Age (e.g. Birth Certificate, Birth Registration Form, Baptismal Certificate, Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Resident Card, Passport, & custodial documents, if applicable)
- Child or Parents Baptismal Certificate (If your child is not baptized and both parents are non-Catholic, we welcome families who are seeking a faith-based education for their children in our Catholic schools. Families who are seeking admission through our non-Catholic admissions are asked to contact the school where they will meet with our principal and fill out the following WCDSB Non-Catholic Student Request Form. You are welcome to complete this form ahead of your meeting. For more information regarding student admissions, please see the following board policy: Admission of Students to the Wellington Catholic School.pdf)
- Immunization Record (Please submit directly to Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health)
- Proof of Address (e.g. utility/tax bill, purchase/lease agreement, phone (landline)/cable/internet bill. A driver’s license, bank/credit card statements or cell phone bills are not accepted.)
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if child was not born in Canada)
Sacred Heart IB PYP School Registration: For information about registering at Sacred Heart - Guelph's school site in the only International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) offered within Guelph and Wellington County, please click here. There are limited program spaces available for IB PYP so a random selection process will be used if registration during the open period exceeds the number of spaces available. We ask that if you are interested in learning more please reach out to Sacred Heart - Guelph for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: For information about school attendance areas please visit: https://www.findmyschool.ca/
A: School attendance areas have defined boundaries. Information about requests for consideration of out of boundary requests, can be found at: https://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/Schools/Admission/Pages/default.aspx
A: Most of our schools run Before and After School Programs. For a full listing and additional information, please visit: http://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/ParentCommunity/BASProgram/Pages/default.aspx
A: Visit: https://sacredheartguelph.wellingtoncdsb.ca/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1081164&type=d&pREC_ID=1362223
A: Not yet. You have completed the pre-registration form. You will receive follow-up e-mails with information about creating a Parent Portal login for PowerSchool to complete the process. You will also need to contact the school to submit the required documentation. If you did not receive the follow-up e-mail or are having any difficulties, please contact the school for assistance.
A: Once you have completed the Application for Enrollment Form, you will receive information which will allow you to use your existing PowerSchool Parent Portal information. You will be able to add your child to your list.
A: There is a login and password retrieval tool in PowerSchool to help you with this.
A: Please submit the necessary documentation to the school via email. (e.g. Birth Certificate, proof of address, etc.). A list of required documents can be found through the step by step process above.
A: Schools no longer accept immunization records. To report your immunizations, please see visit WDG Public Health: https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/your-kids/vaccination
A: The secretary and principal of your home school can be a great support to you if you have any questions about registering. Call them today for assistance and additional information.