Junior & Senior Kindergarten Registration
We're delighted that you have chosen to join the Wellington Catholic District School Board family.
We are committed to places of learning that are safe, caring and inclusive. Our Catholic schools are founded on a commitment to high standards for achievement, the faith formation of our students and the care for the holistic needs of your child: body, mind spirit. We are a community that inspires excellence. Our staff look forward to working with your child to ignite the divine spark, natural curiosity, and the God-given strengths in each one of them.
The Wellington Catholic District School Board is accepting new registrations for elementary students.
JUNIOR & SENIOR KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION PROCESS
#1: Determine Age Eligibility to Attend School (1)
#2: Determine Your Local School and Transportation Eligibility (1)
To determine the location of your school and determine eligibility for transportation, visit www.findmyschool.ca and follow these steps:
- Click on "Which school do I attend?"
- Enter your house number, street and city.
- Beside "Board", select Wellington Catholic District School Board.
- Beside "Grade", select JK for Junior Kindergarten, SK for Senior Kindergarten.
- Click Submit button.
- To confirm eligibility for Transportation, select "View Transportation Eligibility"
#3: Are You Catholic? (1)
Yes - Please proceed to Step #4 if you and/or your child have been baptized Catholic.
No - If your child is not baptized and both parents are non-Catholic please contact the school administration of the school where you wish to register. (For more information regarding student admissions, please see the following board policy: R.SMW.B.1 )
#4: Registration of the New Student (1)
On-Line Registration Form:
- By completing the online registration your child(ren)'s form will be reviewed by school staff and an email will be sent confirming their acceptance.
Paper Copy of Registration Form: A paper copy of the registration form is also available. Please click here to access a paper copy of the registration form. Copies are also available at schools.
Sacred Heart IB PYP School Registration: For information about registering in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) at Sacred Heart, Guelph - Please click here. There are limited program spaces available for IB PYP so a random selection process will be used if registration during the open period (January 7 to 4 pm, January 31, 2019) exceeds the number of spaces available.
#5: Documents Required for Registration. These documents must be presented to the school at the time of a visit (1)
The following documents are required to be provided to the school before registration can be completed:
- Proof of Age (e.g. Child's birth certificate, passport, or immigration document)
- Proof of Address (e.g. government document, mortgage or rental agreement, hydro bill, credit card statement)
- Parent or child(ren) baptismal certificate (Elementary school only – See Step #3)
- Custody Documents
- School Records (Report cards, IEPs, Student transcripts)
- Proof of Tax Support for any new families (i.e. most recent tax bill
- Busing is provided by Wellington-Dufferin Student Transportation Services (www.stwdsts.ca).
- Children are bussed based on their grade and the distance they live from their home school. The maximum walking distance for a child in Junior Kindergarten to grade 1 is 1.6 km.
- Bus information will be provided to parents of new Kindergarten students by mail approximately two weeks before the first day of school by the Wellington-Dufferin Student Transportation Services.
- To determine eligibility for transportation, visit www.findmyschool.ca and select "View Transportation Eligibility"
#6: Additional Forms and Information (1)
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Immunization - Must be completed through WDG Public Health prior to registering.
- How do I know which school I am supposed to attend?
A: Information about school attendance areas can be found in Step #2 (above). Visit: https://www.findmyschool.ca/
- What if I would like my child to go to a different school?
A: School attendance areas have defined boundaries. Information about requests for consideration of out of boundary requests, can be found at: https://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/Schools/Admission/Pages/default.aspx
- Before and After School Programs. Where can I get more information about these?
A: Most of our schools run Before and After School Programs. For a full listing and additional information, please visit: http://www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/ParentCommunity/BASProgram/Pages/default.aspx
- We are interested in the International Baccalaureate Program at Sacred Heart Catholic Elementary School. How do I get more information?
A: Visit: https://sacredheartguelph.wellingtoncdsb.ca/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1081164&type=d&pREC_ID=1362223
- I have completed the on-line registration Application for Enrollment form. Is my child registered?
A: Not yet. You have completed the pre-registration form. You will receive follow-up e-mails with information about creating a Parent Portal login for PowerSchool to complete the process. You will also need to visit the school to complete the documentation. If you did not receive the follow-up e-mail or are having any difficulties, please contact the school for assistance.
- I have a PowerSchool Parent account because I have other children in Wellington Catholic and I have used this to book my parent-teacher interviews. Do I need to create another account?
A: Once you have completed the Application for Enrollment Form, you will receive information which will allow you to use your existing PowerSchool Parent Portal information. You will be able to add your child to your list.
- I have created a PowerSchool Parent account but I have lost my login credentials. What should I do?
A: There is a login and password retrieval tool in PowerSchool to help you with this.
- I finished completing my information in PowerSchool. What do I do next?
A: Please contact the school to set up a time to visit the school, meet the staff, and share the necessary documentation with them (e.g. Birth Certificate, proof of address, etc.). A list of required documents can be found in Step # 5 and #6.
- I would prefer not to do the on-line registration. Can I still do a paper copy at the school in person?
A: Yes, a paper copy is available on-line (see Step #4) or can be completed at the school.
- Where do I report immunizations?
A: Schools no longer accept immunization records. To report your immunizations, please see visit WDG Public Health: https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/your-kids/vaccination
- Who should I contact if I am having difficulty with the registration?
A: The secretary and principal of your home school can be a great support to you if you have any questions about registering. Call them today for assistance and additional information.