Student Trustee Application and Election
Apply To Become A Student Trustee
How to Apply?
- Ensure you meet the Criteria For Becoming a Student Trustee (Section 2-Qualifications, pages 3,4).
- Read the Procedure Guidelines - Student Trustee Representation on the Board.
- Obtain a copy of the Expression of Interest for Student Trustee Form (Form 1 – p. 11) from your principal and submit completed forms to your Principal by Monday, February 13, 2023. Principals and Parents will also complete Forms 2 and 3 (p. 13, 14) to confirm the nomination.
Wellington Catholic DSB Student Senate and Board Student Trustees Election
- Each School will submit the names of a representative who will serve on the 2023-24 Wellington Catholic DSB Student Senate by Thursday, February 23, 2023.
- Members of the incoming Student Senate wishing to serve as Wellington Catholic DSB Student Trustee will be asked to make a presentation to the Director of Education and current Student Senate at a meeting to be held on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Two (2) Board Student Trustee representatives will be elected among the nominees at this meeting.
- The announcement of Student Trustees for 2023/2024 will occur at the March 6, 2023 Meeting of the Board of Trustees.
An optional online Information Session will be offered to students interested in serving on the Wellington Catholic DSB Student Senate or as Wellington Catholic DSB Student Trustee on – Tuesday, February 7, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.– Sign-Up Link. Note: Please register by Monday, February 6 at 6:00 p.m.